Monday, December 17, 2007

Holiday with the Hounds!

Tonight I am going to take presents to the homeless dogs and cats at the Iowa City Care & Adoption Center (www.icanimalcenter.org). They get so many animals dumped outside their doors. It's nice to be able to go down there to give them things to make their lives better.


I mean, come on, that's cuter than anything you'd see at Petland , right? And so much cheaper! And deserving of a home! And so much less from a puppy-mill!


If you're interested in being a little bit terrified, check out these stories & boycott Petland:

http://www.thevoicefordogs.org/Petland/petland2.shtml

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/petland.htm


Have a happy holiday time! And adopt an animal while you're at it! Rescued animals are great. There's a particularly adorable one curled up on my lap right now!

1 comment:

Katy Baggs said...

Damn! I was at the library the whole evening, and by the time I learned of HWTH, it was already over. Damn. I would have gone, too, thanks for inviting me and Brian. I do like a kitty and a dog, yeah.

I've been to Petland a few times to play with the puppies, but after a while I decided I wouldn't go there anymore, even though I never bought anything there because I'd heard things. When I get the time and space and money to adopt an animal, it's going to be from a shelter. Also, I'm sorry about Mojo.